Dr. Johannes Hohlbein
Laboratory of Biophysics, Wageningen UR
Stippeneng 4, 6708 WE, Wageningen, NL
mail: johannes.hohlbein (at) wur (dot) nl
Ph.D. students and Postdoc applicants
Open positions will be advertised as pinned posts on the main page.
Internships, Bachelor- and Master-theses
Love single molecules? We are always looking for interested students to work on various projects at the interface of biology, chemistry, and physics. Current projects include (but are not limited to):
- Studying DNA – protein interactions using single-molecule techniques in vitro (DNA polymerases, plant related transcription factors,…)
- Super-resolution microscopy and single-particle tracking on antiviral defence (with Laboratory of Microbiology) and in food systems (with Food Process Engineering and Laboratory of Bionanotechnology)
- Development of hardware and software for single-molecule detection
- (Additional cross-interdisciplinary projects on request)
See also here for further information.
Disclaimer: I am by no means responsible for the content of the linked websites.
1. Groups and Laboratories in Wageningen
Biomolecular Sciences Seminar Series, Laboratory of Biophysics, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Laboratory of Physical Chemistry and Colloid Science, Laboratory of Microbiology, Laboratory of BioNanoTechnology, CAT-AgroFood
2. Groups worldwide
3. Things to know (microscopy, fluorescence, and more)
WOSM (Warwick Open Source Microscopy), Microcopy4u (Nikon: site for all aspects of fluorescence and microscopy), Olympusfluoview (Olympus: similar site with many java tutorials), DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)