After a short flight from Heathrow to Schiphol and some trains and buses later, Andy and I arrived in Wageningen with all our luggage and cardboard-wrapped bikes. On Monday, we had fun opening the boxes from Thorlabs with parts for our new multi-colour TIRF microscope. Opinions on how soon we will be able to detect single, fluorescent molecules seem to differ quite a bit and a couple of bets have been placed, but we accept the challenge and are hoping to share some images in a few weeks time (and collect our winnings).
Follow us on Twitter
- News: The miCube moved to Github
- Pre-print: DNA polymerase β fingers movement revealed by single-molecule FRET suggests a partially closed conformation as a fidelity checkpoint
- News: Ph.D. position available!
- News: Welcome to Meike Kronenberg and farewell to Carel Fijen
- News: Welcome to Andreas Hentrich and Hans Dekker…